MR D Food, a 100% subsidiary of takealot.com, is looking for a talented, motivated and results-oriented Accountant.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard-working people with integrity to join us. We offer a market related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won't be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
This position reports to the Head of Finance.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Oversee the daily transactional processing of all transactions, within the business unit
- Implement, controls and measurements to mitigate risk within a hyper growth environment
- Identification of risks and accurate follow through with solutions, for all transactions
- Weekly reconciliation of control accounts
- Ownership of weekly payment process to all restaurant and driver partners- start to finish
- Oversee all restaurant and driver partner accounts, through management of creditors clerk team:
- Assist with restaurant and driver partner onboarding
- Assist with escalated queries by restaurant and driver partners
- Reconciliations of individual accounts
- Risk management associated with creditors function including putting in place sufficient controls.
- Oversee bulk invoicing and processing to restaurant and driver partners
- Review monthly reconciliation of accounts receivable and payable
Responsibilities + Skills
Can pay close attention to detailStrong decision-making and problem-solving skillsAble to work in a fast-paced environment under pressure
High volume environment with system driven approachWork with a dynamic and young teamAble to evaluate high-risk decisionsCoordination skillsCritical thinking ability
B.com Accounting/Finance Management2-4 years' experience in corporate financeSAICA / SAIPA articlesHonours (would be advantageous)