Group Shared Services: driving operational excellence, transparency and continuous improvement across our business, by leveraging scale, capabilities and innovation.
• To assist the Legal Manager to manage the total portfolio of potential and existing non-performing loans with exposures up to R4,999m. To control and improve provision adequacy, collections, system developments, legal costs and collection strategies through the introduction of best practice and maintaining appropriate and uniform collections policies and practices across all portfolios. To give assistance to our business partners on deteriorating risk accounts on inter alia all specialized accounts to prevent such accounts from becoming non-performing loans. To ensure that staff are competent and trained and that the correct culture and leadership qualities are introduced and maintained.
• Monitoring adherence to internal controls and regulatory requirements and enhancing procedures, in need.
• Accountable for collection rates to be maintained at an agreed in percentage of gross monthly average assets under management.
• Ongoing communication with staff regarding the need to ensure continual compliance.
• Compliance with statutory, regulatory and supervisory requirements, to protect the reputation of the Group and to avoid legal action / sanction in respect of regulatory compliance matters.
• Maintaining high ethical standards to prevent market abuse.
• Increasing awareness amongst staff of legislation applicable to the business .
• Reporting any breaches and exposure to the business unit head and or the division’s Regulatory Compliance Officer.
• To monitor, manage and control within budget or alternatively agree guidelines:
• Introduce and maintain new collection strategies and campaigns.
• Manage employee diversity.
• Ensure that staff, at all times, are skilled and training is constantly receiving attention.
Responsibilities + Skills
Excellent and Consistent Customer Experience Efficiency and Effectiveness Engaged and committed people Regulatory & Compliance
Maintain succession planning. Maintain Performance Management Control and maintain management information. Reporting to Manager on results and changes if required to do so. People Management and responsible for people management practices such as resourcing, equality, training, development and performance management. Liaise with business partners on developments within all portfolios product and their needs. Control and maintain credit policies and procedures. Maintain and control Business Continuity Plan. Any ad-hoc function delegated by Senior Management/Executive.
Matric/Diploma/Degree Business Orientated/Legal post graduate qualification 3 years experience in a team leader role Alternatively 3 years experience in a Collections Unit. Legal experience 3 years general banking experience to provide a broad based understanding of the various business units.