To monitor and provide oversight on the adherence to compliance practices in client facing clusters to ensure compliance risks are managed and reported across Nedbank.
- Ensure compliance risks are managed by developing an annual risk- based compliance monitoring programme across client facing clusters to ensure delivery of the monitoring programme within time, budget and risk.
- Provide advice to stakeholders on compliance risks by giving input to cluster compliance risk monitoring plans and responding to queries from stakeholders to ensure that compliance risks managed.
- Review the reporting and articulation of compliance risks by stakeholders through formal and/or informal reviews, and provide input to prevent ambiguity, and ensure accurate reporting to enable management to adequately resource the compliance function to address compliance risks.
- Provide guidance in the completion of subsidiary compliance risk monitoring programmes by providing guidelines, input and templates to ensure compliance risks are monitored and managed.
- Establish relationships with stakeholders by providing guidance, oversight and/or training to ensure compliance risks are managed.
- Provide advice and/or input to internal stakeholders on possible contraventions of compliance risks through early detection of such contraventions to ensure requirements set by regulatory bodies, are met.
- Maintain relationships with internal stakeholders by establishing partnerships in managing compliance risks as well as ensure an open line of communication to assist stakeholders to address compliance risks.
- Engage with stakeholders formally to determine scope of work and to identify needs, in order to develop annual risk-based compliance monitoring programme.
- Maintain relationships with stakeholders by keeping them informed of any compliance risk related matters that may compromise their business to ensure addressed timeously.
- Engage with the Compliance Institute of South Africa (CISA) through formal interaction to obtain guidelines in respect of industry compliance standards and requirements to remain relevant and current.
- Execute the annual compliance risk-based programme by assessing and monitoring the adequacy and completeness of compliance plans implemented by stakeholders to ensure compliance risks are adequately monitored and managed.
Responsibilities + Skills
Analysing situations or data that require an in depth evaluation of multiple factorsDeveloping ways to assist the management and/or mitigation of risks checkInfluencing stakeholders to obtain buy-in for concepts and ideasComparing two or more sets of information
Bachelor of Commerce: Law
Analysing and interpreting quantitative and qualitative data Working with a group to identify alternative solutions to a problemPresenting to senior leadersWorking across all risk categories