To manage and lead a team of professionals to deliver the annual audit plan thereby providing reasonable assurance to stakeholders that key risks are being mitigated through adequate and effective management controls in accordance with Group Internal Audit (GIA) methodology.
- Build an effective team, with skills for the job.
- Endorse high team performance culture.
- Ensure that staff stays abreast in field of expertise and deliver on the expectations from stakeholders.
- Create an environment of teamwork that contributes to Group Internal Audit (GIA).
- Ensure an environment for optimal performance is created and build capability of self and staff.
- Build rapport and understand client current business reality, requirements, risks and expectations and consider key and/or emerging risks in annual audit plan.
- Make stakeholders aware of Audit best practices, methodology and audit issues policy.
- Ensure client needs met and satisfied.
- Ensure inefficiencies are limited, minimising disruption to stakeholders.
- Build trusting relationships and improve credibility and quality of audit outputs and achieve team objectives through engaging with staff, peers and other departments.
- Manage and meet client expectations, ensuring communication.
- Ensure that billable hours, budgets and resources are optimally planned, and quality audits are delivered.
- Deliver projects cost effectively and monitor the productivity of resources.
- Meet financial targets and manage expenses of self and team through review of General Ledger reports or information provided.
- Ensure improved productivity and the delivery of projects within agreed timelines.
- Ensure transformational target are met.
- Contribute to a culture of transformation, participating in Nedbank culture building initiatives, including CSI.
- Address team issues raised in culture surveys and improve results.
Responsibilities + Skills
Building/leading a teamAuditingDrafting/reviewing audit and risk reportsAnalysing business operationsManaging a team of people
Bachelor of Commerce: Honours - Accounting , Diploma: Internal AuditingEssential CertificationsCertified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or Certified Financial Services Auditor (CFSA)
Coaching and mentoring of othersManaging conflict situationsWorking with diverse teams and peopleConducting performance feedback meetingsIdentifying business risks