To manage and lead a team of professionals to deliver the annual audit plan thereby providing reasonable assurance to stakeholders that key risks are being mitigated through adequate and effective management controls in accordance with Group Internal Audit (GIA) methodology.
- Build an effective team, with skills for the job.
- Endorse high team performance culture.
- Ensure that staff stays abreast in field of expertise and deliver on the expectations from stakeholders.
- Create an environment of teamwork that contributes to Group Internal Audit (GIA).
- Ensure an environment for optimal performance is created and build capability of self and staff.
- Build rapport and understand client current business reality, requirements, risks and expectations and consider key and/or emerging risks in annual audit plan.
- Make stakeholders aware of Audit best practices, methodology and audit issues policy.
- Ensure client needs met and satisfied.
- Ensure inefficiencies are limited, minimising disruption to stakeholders.
- Build trusting relationships and improve credibility and quality of audit outputs and achieve team objectives through engaging with staff, peers and other departments.
- Manage and meet client expectations, ensuring communication.
Responsibilities + Skills
Building/leading a teamAuditingDrafting/reviewing audit and risk reportsAnalysing business operationsManaging a team of people
Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or Certified Financial Services Auditor (CFSA)
Working with customers to solve customer problemsInvestigating and reviewing processes to improve business satisfactionCoaching and mentoring of othersManaging conflict situationsWorking with diverse teams and people