The ideal candidate will market and sell Nedbank products to meet the needs of customers and stakeholders to achieve business objectives.
- Contribute to a culture conducive to the achievement of transformation goals by participating in Nedbank Culture building initiatives (e.g. staff surveys etc).
- Participate and support corporate social responsibility initiatives for the achievement of key business strategies.
- Identify and recommend opportunities to enhance processes; systems and policies and support implementation of new processes; policies and systems.
- Keep abreast of legislation and other industry changes that impacts on role by reading the relevant newsletters; websites and attending sessions.
- Understand and embrace the Nedbank vision and demonstrate the values through interaction with team and stakeholders.
- Improve personal capability and stay abreast of developments in field of expertise by identifying training courses and career progression for self through input and feedback from managers.
- Ensure personal growth and enable effectiveness in performance of roles and responsibilities by ensuring all learning activities are completed; experience practiced and certifications obtained and/or maintained within specified time frames.
- Ensure information is provided correctly to stakeholders by maintaining knowledge sharing knowledge with team.
- Listen to clients and stakeholders and ask questions to understand their needs.
- Build relationships with clients and stakeholders by regular contact; being available and getting to know them.
- Resolve client queries by following business procedure and keeping client informed.
- Educate clients on the product offering by presenting them with the relevant information.
- Market products to new and existing clients and stakeholders by identifing client needs and matching product to the need.
- Achieve daily; weekly and monthly sales targets by following business unit sales strategy.
- Close the deal by getting client to sign up for product.
- Improve performance based on management feedback report by acting on report recommendations.
- Meet requirements of product applications by providing all required documentation.
- Ensure all client details are correct by capturing details correctly at application stage.
Responsibilities + Skills
Completing various administrative and secretarial duties (e.g.; answering phones; making copies; filing)Building and maintaining effective cross-functional relationships with internal and external stakeholdersComparing two or more sets of informationManaging customer expectationsInteracting with diverse peopleTracking cost against a budgetInteracting with external clientsWorking in a fast-paced environment
Matric / Grade 12 / National Senior Certificate
1-2 years experience at Sales Consultant level