MR D Food, a 100% subsidiary of takealot.com, is looking for a talented, motivated and results-oriented BI Data Analyst (Growth & Marketing) to join their team in Cape Town.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard-working people with integrity to join us. We offer a market related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won't be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the marketing and growth teams' BI, data and reporting needs
- Building and editing reports in Qlikview, QlikSense & Tableau
- Setting up and maintaining automated operational and financial reports to internal and external stakeholders
- Analysis of customer, digital marketing and product data and providing ad-hoc reports
- Data mining when needed to discover root causes or changes in marketing, customer or growth key performance metrics.
- Facilitating and/or setting up of reports that can be used to report on in various management and business review forums
- Working closely with all of Mr D Food's teams to understand their data and BI needs.
- Facilitating access to the required data and also striving to make access to information as seamless as possible.
- Extracting data currently not available through our standardised BI tools.
- Transforming, cleaning and monitoring accuracy of data (performing regular system audits to ensure complete and accurate reporting of data/metrics).
- Ensuring data is extracted, stored and updated in a cost effective & sustainable way.
- Providing necessary training to team members on the usage of tools/reports
- Analysing data and providing insights in an appropriate and easy to understand manner
Responsibilities + Skills
Ability and appetite to get involved in multiple projectsAbility to prioritise and manage multiple stakeholders expectationsFocused on getting the job done, yet having fun doing soTaking ownership and displaying accountability in the work required of youThere must be a keen interest in e-commerce, and even better the gig economy
Solutions-oriented with a can-do attitude and high energyStrong analytical and critical thinking skills are imperativeYou have a track record of delivering high-quality work in a fast-paced environmentAbility to distill the conclusions of findings form large data sets in easy to understand and to the point reports
You have a degree in the related fields of computer science, engineering, statistics or mathematics.You have experience working with big sets of dataYou have worked in the field of BI and data for 1+ yearsExperience drawing raw data and creating dashboardsYou have knowledge of reporting platforms - QlikView, QlikSense, TableauAdvanced SQL/Google Big Query