takealot.com, a leading South African online retailer, is looking for a highly curious BI Developer to join our team in Cape Town.
We're a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard-working people with integrity, to join us. We offer a market related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won't be bored as long as you're prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Designing, developing and testing QlikView models to provide the business with relevant data imported from multiple sources
- Ensuring that the QlikView applications and server processes continue to run and operate in the most efficient manner
- Interacting frequently with business stakeholders to gather requirements for new development projects and translating these into solutions
- Provide operational support, bug fixes, and performance enhancements as part of providing support to QlikView applications and users
- Extracting, validating and analysing data to answer strategic and operational questions posed by the business
- Automating data extraction and report update processes
- Data validation and integrity testing
- Data cleansing and data modelling
- Optimisation of data models
Responsibilities + Skills
High proficiency in working with large data sets and business modelsRetail or e-commerce industry experience beneficial
Bachelor's degree in relevant Engineering, Computer Science or Mathematics field requiredIf your education does not include formal computer programming, then some form of programming experience is essential
Minimum 2 years' experience using a BI reporting tool (e.g. QlikView, Tableau, Microsoft BI etc.)Experience using QlikView is advantageousMinimum 2 years SQL experience