- Standard Bank is the largest bank in Africa and our highly visible brand, award-winning service, and strong global presence helps us maintain our market-leading position. We place huge value on the talent of our people to drive our continued success, and to support our plans for growth. We now need a talented and resourceful Business Banker to help us fulfil our business objectives and build customer loyalty
- To provide a basic, branch-based Business Banking sales and service function to a portfolio of Small Enterprise (SE) customers requiring uncomplicated and standardised financial product solutions.
- Drive transaction-led customer acquisition
- Customer Experience
- Economic Profit
- Portfolio Management
- Lending Support and Risk Management
- Legislative Compliance
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Studying towards a Relevant business related tertiary qualification e.g. B.Comm degree is a pre-requisite
- Must complete one of the Qualifications listed on the FSB recognised list within the allocated time
- Must complete the RE 5 examination within the allocated time
Responsibilities + Skills
Good selling and presentation skills and the ability to understand and interpret financial statements, as well as good portfolio managementGood numerical skills, business acumen and financial acumen to interpret financial statements, balance sheets and basic financial ratios.
A thorough knowledge of standardised business banking transactional products and other core products relevant to small enterprises.Good knowledge of Personal Banking product offerings.A basic knowledge/awareness of financial investment options, home loans (business mortgage), cards, merchant services, vehicle and asset finance and electronic banking options for lead generation purposes.
A good working knowledge and understanding of behavioural credit scoring principles and practices, including an understanding of collateral and balance sheets.A working knowledge of multiple legal entities (companies, close corporations, sole proprietorships etc.) in the Small Enterprises segment and the legislative restrictions & requirements governing these from a financial services perspective.