To provide strategic and tactical leadership to the Nedbank Group by owning; motivating; executing; managing; monitoring and analysing Asset, Liability and Capital risks as a first line of defence for the Bank.
- Define and meet the financial deliverables by developing and managing the sub-functions budget.
- Drive the financial performance of the Nedbank Group by assessing and understanding the current risk position within an optimal market related cost structure.
- Optimise the financial performance of Nedbank Group by identifying, motivating and executing risk management strategies within the Group's defined risk appetite.
- Allocation of capital, funds transfer pricing, the cost of funding diversification and profiling to drive asset and liability pricing and performance decisions.
- Build appropriate internal mechanisms to influence capital allocation using associated accounting practices.
- Build and sustain relations to ensure satisfied internal (business units, Group Asset Liability and Capital Management Committee (ALCO), Group Risk and Capital Management Committee (GRCMC), Board) and external (shareholders, regulators, investment analysts, rating agencies) stakeholders.
- Enhance business performance by working as part of executive team that is able to achieve business objectives.
- Ensure continued satisfaction of stakeholders by meeting turnaround times for requests and identifying and addressing issues or concerns.
- Optimise the risk strategy execution by ensuring alignment between all stakeholders and relevant business processes.
- Meet internal stakeholder requirements by providing capital, liquidity and interest rate risk (matched maturity funds transfer pricing) allocation solutions as part of the risk adjusted performance measurement process.
- Meet internal stakeholder requirements by executing optimal risk strategy.
- Manage stakeholder expectations by providing management information, risk analytics, insights and strategic motivation resulting in the optimal management of these risk disciplines.
- Align interest rate risk and liquidity risk management of new product development by collaborating with business units.
- Enable Nedbank strategic risk objectives by developing a risk framework and policy that enables the identification and management of asset, liability and capital management risks.
Responsibilities + Skills
MSc, Mcom or MBAChartered Accountant or equivalent post grad qualification in Quantitative, Risk Management, Economics or Accounting
Matric / Grade 12 / National Senior CertificateAdvanced Diplomas/National 1st Degrees
Managing a team of managersCoaching and mentoring of othersIdentifying/select talentConducting benchmarking and analysis to investigate improvement opportunitiesExecuting major organisational change