Who are we?
Sanlam Sky Solutions, a business unit within the Sanlam Personal Finance cluster, offers a wide range of simple and affordable financial solutions tailored for the South African entry-level market. These solutions cover needs such as funeral insurance, savings for education, life cover and personal accident plans. This business consists of 63 sales branches and 106 client care offices, conducting business through over 400 brokers and 3 700 tied agents, all dedicated to meeting the financial needs of its clients and their families. What will you do?
This is a management role that is responsible for overseeing compliance by all legal and business entities within the Sanlam Sky cluster. The incumbent must provide a trusted view on the level of compliance to senior and executive management and coordinate and provide guidance to a team of compliance officers.
- Coordinate and provide guidance to a team of compliance officers on activities across business entities within a clustering of businesses.
- Analyse and interpret applicable laws and regulation, and use a risk-based approach in developing compliance risk management and monitoring plans for specific legislation.
- Interpret legislation and assist management with practical implementation thereof as required.
- Advise and provide guidance to management on systems, policies, processes and controls implemented to enable compliance.
- Drafting reports on monitoring results to the management of business entities forming part of the business clustering.
- Assist with the promotion of a culture of compliance and awareness within Sanlam Sky by coordinating and implementing compliance projects and training initiatives.
- Provide inputs to external industry bodies relative to specific regulatory topics (e.g. ASISA working groups).
Responsibilities + Skills
Knowledge of the financial services industry, especially insuranceA thorough understanding and knowledge of compliance risk management and monitoring programmes.A thorough understanding and knowledge of the regulatory requirements impacting on the various businesses in Sanlam Sky (e.g. FAIS, FICA, LTIA, PPR, POPIA, PFA) will be advantageous.
A legal or commercial degree Compliance qualification (PG Diploma in Compliance Management would be advantageous) Meeting the competence, qualifications and experience requirements to be registered as Head of Compliance Control Function with the Prudential Authority and a Compliance Officer with the Financial Sector Conduct Authority would be advantageous.
5-8 years financial services compliance experience, of which at least 3 years must have been in a management role.