To recommend and or grant credit in order to place quality assets on to the book and continued risk management across Nedbank.
- Achieve low default target by assessing the quality of applications within bank guidelines, external & internal policies and legislation.
- Contribute to minimising provisions for bad debt by rehabilitating distressed accounts within acceptable risk parameters.
- Reduce losses to the bank by identifying and reporting possible fraud.
- Facilitate achievement of targets by providing advice to Restructuring Office Team on choosing appropriate products and effecting main file changes.
- Build strong relationships with Restructure Team and other stakeholders by collaborating, determining needs and providing advice that facilitates target achievement.
- Smooth the flow of work by maintaining relationships with internal stakeholder network.
- Contribute to improved client service by verifying applications within prescribed turnaround times.
- Ensure that work is delivered according to plan by monitoring progress against personal scorecard objectives (targets, service level agreements, quality of assessment) and taking remedial action where necessary.
- Manage time and resources by ensuring that work is completed efficiently without compromising on performance standards.
- Meet client service level agreements by processing applications within prescribed turnaround times and in line with agreed standards.
- Comply with Credit policy and credit mandate by operating within set guidelines.
- Minimize risk of default by assessing the quality of applications within bank guidelines, external & internal policies and legislation.
- Comply with risk standards by monitoring applications to identify possible fraud and reporting appropriately.
- Improve effectiveness of credit assessment processes by constantly reviewing outputs and making recommendations.
- Support the achievement of the business strategy, objectives and values by reviewing Nedbank and Business Unit Plan and ensuring delivered systems, process, services and solutions are aligned.
- Identify training courses and career progression for self through input and feedback from management.
- Ensure all personal development plan activities are completed within specified timeframe.
- Share knowledge and industry trends with team and stakeholders during formal and informal interaction.
Responsibilities + Skills
Banking proceduresBusiness principlesCommunication StrategiesRelevant regulatory knowledge
Advanced Diplomas/National 1st Degrees
Decision MakingInitiating ActionManaging WorkQuality OrientationTechnical/Professional Knowledge and Skills