A leading global company is currently looking for an experienced Creditor Controller to join the team.Minimum Requirements:• Matric, including English, Maths & Accountancy• Further Accounting qualification will be beneficial• 3-5 years experience in same or similar role• Experience with CargoWise will be beneficialResponsibilities:
- Reviewing all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
- Posting invoices as needed within company guidelines. (posted in the month it is received prior to closing off the AP)
- Processing payments on the online bank platform.
- Monitoring discount opportunities; resolving contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies an documentation; ensuring credit is received for outstanding matters.
- Maintaining accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Reconciling all assigned creditors from their statements to the transaction reports in CW on monthly basis and sending to Financial Accountant for review.
- Running an age analysis on a monthly basis for assigned creditors and indicating on the ageing that all reconciliations have been done.
- Reconciling the SARS deferment accounts from their statements to the transaction reports in CW on a monthly basis and sending to Financial Accountant for review.
- Preparing the SARS deferment report and sending to Financial Accountant for review.
- Monitoring the deferment credit limits and advising the Financial Accountant whether payment is required.
- Maintaining historical records by accurate filing of documents and maintaining this system
- Protecting organizations value by keeping information confidential
Responsibilities + Skills
Maintaining good relationships to ensure cooperation and task completionRemaining within company guidelines when addressing any enquiries.Escalating uncommon, complex issues to the next level manager for resolution when necessary.
Developing improved payables processes and implementing with approval from the next level manager.Updating job knowledge by participating in educational opportunitiesWorking with finance department to ensure smooth workflow and productive environment
Brainstorming possible solutions for issues with the accounting team.Performing other related duties, as assigned.