To design and maintain optimal data models/structures at both an enterprise and system / application level that meet the business and architectural objectives of the organisation.
Design data models that meet the business requirements and align to the agreed architecture framework.
• Ensure data modelling deliverables are delivered according to project plan and budget to meet commitment to stakeholders.
• Ensure all data modelling activities and deliverables are aligned to the development methodology and to the data modelling principles and standards
• Apply the Nedbank approved tooling to create the data modelling deliverables.
• Adopt the Enterprise Data Model (which is based on the IFW) as a standard for data model designs to leverage best practice and fast track data modelling efforts.
• Translate business requirements into data requirements.
• Analyse and profile the source data to understand data quality issues , relationships, patterns and rules in the data.
• Structure data requirements into logical data constructs based on the Enterprise Data Model, including ERD models, dimensional models to ensure optimal implementation.
• Compile Source to Target Mapping Specifications
• Ensure complete and correct data by identifying definitive or authoritative source of data ; analysing source data; and identifying gaps
• Enable physical implementation of the data structure by generating the first cut physical data model from the logical data model.
• Facilitate dataflow understanding by collating dataflow diagrams outlining the flow of data across systems and interfaces.
• Reduce non value adding work by identifying opportunity for re-use of the Enterprise Data Model
• Maintain up to date knowledge of latest developments in the Data Modelling domain, including reading; continuous professional development courses; seminars and conferences
Responsibilities + Skills
Exprience using Infosphere Data Architect or any other Data Modelling ToolExperience with industry models such as IFW BDW and FSDMBroad understanding of Data Management (DMBOK), systems development lifecycle methodologies and IT Architecture
DiplomaPreferred QualificationBachelor of Commerce , Bachelor of Science: Information Systems / Computer Science
3-5 years and/or relevant industry experience as well as experience in the Data Modelling disciplineAble to demonstrate practical experience in relational and dimensional modelling techniques, OO modelling also an advantage