To design and maintain data models/structures at both enterprise and system / application level . To persist data in an efficient and structured way to enable the value of the date to be unlocked . To create appropriate data and class structures that enable the flow of data between providers and consumers.
- Contribute to a culture of transformation by participating in Nedbank culture building initiatives, business strategy, and CSI.
- Stay abreast of developments in field of expertise, ensuring personal and professional growth.
- Understand and embrace the Nedbank vision and values, leading by example.
- Identify opportunities to improve or enhance processes.
- Add value to Nedbank by supporting the implementation of new processes, policies and systems.
- Enable stakeholders to consume data in the most effective and efficient way through understanding and translating business stakeholder requirements into data requirements and optimal structures.
- Ensure aligned delivery of the requirements, translating stakeholder requirements into the physical implementation value chain.
- Identify opportunities for re-use and optimisation.
Responsibilities + Skills
Experience in compiling and monitoring standards and developing/maturing an object modelling practiceExperience using relevant Object Modelling ToolsFirm understanding of Data Management (DMBOK), systems development lifecycle methodologies and IT/Data ArchitectureRelevant regulatory knowledge, and understanding of banking and financial services
Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Science: Information Systems / Computer Science Honours level
5 years plus and/or relevant industry experience as well as experience in the Data Modelling disciplineAble to demonstrate practical experience in object oriented modelling techniques as well as leading teams of modelersHas demonstrable experience in developing custom models as well as modelling utilising Industry data models/standards such as IFW BPS, IFW BOM, Acord etc.Experience in model management