Finance: budgeting and forecasting, creating interim and annual financial statements, facilitating internal mergers and acquisitions, as well as dealing with analysts and investors.
Create analytical models based on critical business questions and to provide actionable insights which will enable data driven decision making by senior management. Apply data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high quality prediction systems integrated with our business specific drivers. Automate financial commentary using cognitive automation and machine learning techniques, build outlier detection and recommendation systems, build system for automated dynamic forecasting.
Ensure month-end deliverables and efficiency reporting are completed in line with timelines and requirements
- Build and run prediction models for cost, revenue and related drivers.
- Create automations across data platforms to enable timely delivery of Insights.
- Continuous development of algorithms.
- Data enrichment using machine learning in order to find new insights in Data
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods
- Cognitive automation
- Extending company’s data with third party sources of information when needed
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Natural language processing
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance
Responsibilities + Skills
Through ongoing engagement with relevant stakeholders, identify, define and drive ad-hoc analysis requirements through the team.Accountable for the completeness and accuracy of all ad-hoc deliverables in a timely manner.Participate in projects relating to research and development of alternative solutions, measures, outputs, etc. as and when required.
Create, develop and maintain ongoing relationships with relevant stakeholders to maximise opportunities for the benefit of the business unit being serviced and the Data Science function.Manage expectations, deliverables and relationships through proactive, regular meetings and constant communication with relevant stakeholders.Provide management information that supports decision making to improve operational effectiveness and efficiency.
Adherence to compliance of accounting principles and methodologies.Comply with the Service Level Agreements together with relevant stakeholders.Ensure alignment to Group policies and procedures together with Restatement Governance policy.Adhere to the Group guidelines and policies around financial management.