takealot.com, a leading South African online retailer, is looking for a highly talented Department Manager to join our team in Cape Town.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard-working people with integrity to join us. We offer a market related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won't be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
The position reports to the Division Manager
Your responsibilities will include:
- Develop a comprehensive strategy/plan to drive growth across the department in sales, brands, suppliers and new product listings
- Source and prioritize new brands and suppliers according to this growth plan and in line with market trends and consumer demand
- Deliver against key financial and service level performance indicators within the department (sales, margin, listings availability, stock cover etc.)
- Manage and develop supplier relationships, negotiate good prices, improve trading terms and manage suppliers according to strict SLAs
- Develop a promotional programme, source great deals and manage site merchandising for the department
- Support the operations team in delivering a world-class customer experience – monitor department returns, support the customer service team on product queries and resolving any customer complaints
- Manage stock and availability (including replenishment orders, stock cover)
Responsibilities + Skills
takealot.com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.We are short on ego and high on output.We are doers and not only thinkers, its all in the execution after all.
Strong analytical ability, uses data to inform decisionsStrong willingness to learnProven track record of negotiation and stakeholder managementEntrepreneurial/commercial mindset
Bachelors degree (commerce degree preferable)3 years commercial/retail experience