- To analyse; interpret; collate and present financial and non financial information in order to drive strategy; enable decision making and support Nedbank Business Units.
- Identify and recommend opportunities to enhance processes; systems and policies and support implementation of new processes; policies and systems.
- Enable business to achieve results by providing insights to enable strategic; operational and tactical decision making.
- Meet financial objectives by coordinating activities in line with budget requirements.
- Minimise costs by considering efficiencies and reducing unnecessary expenditure.
- Minimise financial and reputational risk by responding to customer related issues in a client centric way.
- Ensure research accuracy by validating results.
- Improve productivity by planning tasks; reviewing and taking corrective action when necessary.
- Evaluate vendor contracts by monitoring and ensuring compliance to Nedbank requirements.
- Managing market research database by compiling and updating client; industry and competitor information.
- Ensure compliance by adhering to internal and external regulatory requirements; governance and policies.
- Meet internal client briefs by generating and implementing communications plans.
- Contribute to reports by providing relevant information on market research activities.
- Keep abreast of legislation and other industry changes that impacts on role by reading the relevant newsletters; websites and attending sessions.
- Understand and embrace the Nedbank vision and demonstrate the values through interaction with team and stakeholders.
- Improve personal capability and stay abreast of developments in field of expertise by identifying training courses and career progression for self through input and feedback from managers
Responsibilities + Skills
Banking knowledgeBanking proceduresBusiness AcumenBusiness principlesBusiness terms and definitionsBusiness writingCluster specific operations
Matric / Grade 12 / National Senior CertificateProfessional Qualifications/Honours Degree
2 - 3 years experience in an accounting role