Information Technology: systems development, business analysis, architecture, project management, data warehousing, infrastructure, maintenance and production
- As a Firewall Engineer, in the Operational Services team you will provide technical security assistance to business, particularly with regards to Firewalls, Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS) and other networking devices.
- The Engineer will be required to work with both business and technology audiences within our environments.
- The Firewall Support team is looking for a Firewall Engineer to join our team.
- The role will require the Firewall Engineer to dive deep into Problems, Incidents and issues in order to identify root cause and ascertain radical new approaches to automate operational tasks.
- Primary responsibilities include troubleshooting, diagnosing and fixing production issues, developing monitoring solutions, reviewing the entire Firewall environment from End to End, Streamlining processes, Automating manual intensive tasks.
- This is purely a technical role
Responsibilities + Skills
Interpersonal skills are critical at this level requires an extensive and diverse network internally and externally need to be able to work with and through these diverse working groups in a collaborative fashion in spite of competing/ conflicting interests.Networks within the Group Information Security Office and all IT areas.
Work closely with business units and other stakeholders in infrastructure.People management, Coaching and training skills.Good written and oral communication skills.Strong analytical and problem solving skills.Strong facilitation, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
Applicable experience in penetration testing, understanding of routing and networks protocols.Experience in networking and expert knowledge of firewalls - 3 - 5 yearsProven ability in the vulnerability assessment, penetration testing, incident management, and software development lifecycles - 3 - 5 years