Our Nedbank Retail Card, Payments & Transactional Business is seeking an experienced Forensic Investigator to conduct investigations. In this role you will be responsible for carrying out investigations into Card, Credit application, Merchant and Transactional Fraud. The ideal candidate will investigate cases and provide recommendations to business by following forensic methodologies. This role assists the bank to mitigate fraud risk whilst enforcing criminal liability and ensuring regulatory requirements are met for the benefit our business and our customers. Prior investigationsexperience in Fraud Investigations, Money Laundering or Commercial Crime Investigations is required.
- Contribute to a culture of transformation goals by participating in Nedbank culture building initiatives, business strategy and CSI.
- Ensure costs are recovered per time allocation and transfer pricing agreements with stakeholders.
- Ensure work completed per plan and conduct investigations.
- Identify gaps in processes, make recommendations to improve processes and prevent re-occurrence of claims.
- Highlight implication of not implementing recommendations so that corrective action can be taken.
- Prevent further potential losses by alerting other banks of possible fraudulent transactions and identifying suspicious deposits.
- Conduct investigations and report fraudulent activities.
- Ensure regulatory standards for record keeping are met.
- Ensure provision for claims are made and regulatory requirements are met and report claims and corruption cases.
- Ensure consistency of sanctions for similar transgression.
- Report information regarding fraudulent trends to Enterprise Risk Committees (ERCOs) for implementation of preventative and corrective action.
- Gather and analyse relevant documentation received from clients.
- Obtain evidence and determine veracity of claims by requesting assistance from internal sources within Group Risk Services (GRS) as well as suppliers.
- Ensure client needs and expectations are met.
Responsibilities + Skills
CommunicationContinuous LearningCustomer FocusDecision Making
Relevant 3 year qualification:BCom Law or Forensic Accounting, BA in Law or Diploma in PolicingDiploma: Criminal Justice and Forensic Auditing , Advanced Diplomas/National 1st Degrees
Ethics and FraudFraud investigation methodologyGovernance, Risk and ControlsRelevant regulatory knowledge