Marketing: defining, marketing and protecting the Standard Bank brand across our business – including specialist advice and activity for specific countries and business units.
Develop and execute the SBG employee engagement strategy, in the interest of strategic alignment, a high-performance culture and effective change communication. Build a policy and governance framework to guide employee engagement efforts in all countries across the Group’s footprint. Manage the coordination of employee engagement by Group, Corporate Functions (CFs) and Business Lines (BLs) in the interest of message consistency, and the deployment of an authentic SBG corporate narrative. Oversee the management of employee engagement platforms and channels, ensuring sufficient leader-to-employee engagement opportunities, and optimal support of leadership communication through a network of internal communication channels. Oversee the response to employee issues with a potential impact on the Group’s reputation in a transparent manner that enhances employee trust. Develop the required monitoring and evaluation (M&E) capabilities to measure and regularly report on the effectiveness of internal and leader-to-employee communication.
Development of strategy and governance framework:
- Development, maintenance and implementation of an employee engagement strategy that results in strategic alignment, the internalisation of the Standard Bank brand, and enhanced employee trust/ SBG reputation.
- Analysis of internal stakeholders (i.e. their expectations, concerns and communication needs) as input into strategy development.
- Work with the Group’s leadership towards shared expectations of the role and value add of internal communication in employee engagement.
- Strong process solutions for the integration and coordination of internal communication initiated by Group, BLs and CFs.
- Centre of Excellence governance and support to countries.
- Act as business enabler by involving internal partners in the development of a portfolio of value-adding employee engagement tools and mechanisms.
Responsibilities + Skills
Understanding of financial services and financial accumen.Excellent written and visual communication skills.Content curation and management skills.Leadership profiling & thought leadership skills.Speaking and presentation skills.Experience with stakeholder engagement methodologies.New media accumen.
ability to develop and implement communication programmes, campaigns and plans. Experience of leader-employee engagement, writing for internal communication channels, and planning for successful change communication non-negotiable. Must have had at least 3 years experience in managing several large interactive projects in parallel. Ability to spontaneously provide communication solutions with information available is key.
Minimum Degree: Communication / PR/ Jonoulism5 - 10 years: Corporate Communication leadership role, preferably in an internal communication context. Excellent business acumen and business literacy. An understanding of the full communication mix