Finance: budgeting and forecasting, creating interim and annual financial statements, facilitating internal mergers and acquisitions, as well as dealing with analysts and investors.
- To be accountable for leading the finance function for Personal and Business Banking Africa Regions (PBB AR) which includes:
- Developing and aligning the PBB AR Finance plan in support of delivering the PBB AR strategy
- Provision of financial statements / information, management accounting analytics, business performance evaluation and guidance on pricing to all relevant stakeholders - this includes delivering all information required for external year end / interim reporting cycles
- The financial planning and forecasting cycle
- Financial governance, systems, processes and controls for PBB AR head office cost centres as well as oversight into PBB AR countries where required.
Key Responsibilities/AccountabilitiesFinancial performance and management activities:
- Guides the CE: PBB AR on how to optimise capital usage, maximise headline earnings, economic profit and ROE through the management of key business and value drivers within the context of PBB’s strategy and financial frameworks, and the broader Enterprise Finance policy.
- Reviews and analyses the financial performance, identifies trends and opportunities for revenue enhancement / cost containment to maximise returns.
- In conjunction with PBB Finance, defines all reporting requirements for PBB AR.
- Facilitates and coordinates the preparation and analysis of the financial results for PBB AR, identifying problem areas and potential for improvements.
- Provides comprehensive financial management information to various stakeholders across SBG and external stakeholders as it relates to PBB AR.
Responsibilities + Skills
In conjunction with PBB Finance plans, coordinates and executes the PBB AR planning cycles taking into account business and Enterprise Finance timelines and requirements.Ensures that budgets and forecasts are delivered in line with business and PBB Finance timeframes.Ensures that suitable planning, budgetary and performance measurement controls are in place for PBB AR.Tracks, monitors and reports actual PBB AR performance against projected performance and makes recommendations for improvements.Financial controls and reporting:Ensures that efficient processes and systems are in place to maintain a general ledger which accurately and completely reflects financial metrics in line with the policies and principles of both accounting frameworks and company specific guidelines.Analyses the PBB AR general ledger and monitors the validity of entries processed, especially centrally generated entries.Consolidates monthly management reports and commentary across PBB AR, including forecasts.Investigates and reports on revenue leakages and defines mitigation strategies.Conducts monthly analyses and commentary on PBB AR performance, identifies areas for improvement; defines and ensures corrective action.
Provides financial input into projects, initiatives and business cases that impact across PBB AR.Defines and exercises cost control strategies and measures within PBB AR.Ensures adherence to policies and controls in line with regulatory rules and PBB Finance objectives.Ensures sufficiently robust systems and processes are in place to deliver core finance outputs and minimise risk.Acts as custodian of PBB AR income statement and balance sheet. Investigates variances to budget, provides explanations and recommends corrective action.Researches, investigates and monitors the financial impact and feasibility of various business initiatives and projects.Serves as a member of the PBB AR executive, liaising with other departmental heads, offering financial guidance / assistance in resolving problems and business planning.
Experience:More than 10 years experience: On all financial matters ranging from running an income statement to identifying problems with general ledger entries and familiar with financial controls and practices in a large corporate. Experience in heading up a finance team and delivering key MIS and insights to business unit. Management Accounting reporting experience with understanding of finance regulatory frameworks. Broad understanding of a business environment. Knowledge of financial analysis techniques. Construct and interpret financial statements. Literacy in well-known finance applications. Experience in managing a finance function across multiple geographies, across Africa continent is preferable. Articles preferable.