To provide risk based assurance to Nedbank Group Limited Board of Directors via the Group Audit Committee including Old Mutual Plc through strategic leadership; guidance and direction of Group Internal Audit (GIA) to ensure effective risk management practices are implemented across Nedbank.
- Support the periodic assessments of the outcomes of internal audit work to appropriate governing bodies, including the GAC, Board Risk Committee, Executive IT Committee (EITCO) and Group IT Committee (GITCO);
- Report on the overall effectiveness of the governance, risk and internal control framework of the Group;
- Comply with regulatory and corporate governance expectations of internal audit functions;
- Report significant issues related to the processes for controlling the activities of the Group, including potential improvements to those processes;
- Report periodically on the progress of the audit plan delivery
- Maintain and report on whether GIA has sufficient professional audit staff with knowledge, skills, experience and professional qualifications to meet the requirements of the GIA Charter and audit plan;
- Have in place a robust process to follow-up management’s agreed actions to address issues raised by GIA;
- Accountable for the delivery and measurable performance of their respective portfolio, including audit plan delivery;
- Apply judgement to provide an overall audit opinion on the system of internal financial controls of the Group;
- Provide insights from the outcomes of internal audit work to appropriate governing bodies;
- Maintain an open and constructive relationship as a Trusted Advisor with senior internal and external stakeholders including Institute of Internal Audit, SARB, External Audit and Business Executives;
Responsibilities + Skills
Implementing a strategic planNetworking and building relationshipsManaging costs against a budgetManaging customer expectationsImplementing and managing strategies to Group objectives
Conducting and managing multiple audits simultaneouslyConducting audits in specialist business areasCoaching and mentoring of othersManaging conflict situationsDisplaying high level of ethics, integrity and confidentiality
8 - 10 years Credit and/or Banking experience in a Risk / Audit role.Banking experience, inclusive of client facing experience (preferably);Ability to operate at a Senior level; andLeadership experience leading teams.