Risk Management: understanding all risks – from the economic to the political – that could affect our global business, and offering guidance to all parts of the bank
- To lead, develop and manage credit evaluation and credit risk management teams in support of Business, Agri, Entrepreneur, Personal and Lifestyle segments (“the Segments”) asset growth targets for a Super Catchment or Catchments within a province
- To comprehensively manage the credit risk of the lending portfolio of “the Segments” for the Super Catchment or Catchments, specifically in respect of originations, assessment of credit risk, sanctions, credit risk management, account maintenance and distressed and high-risk accounts in keeping with the PBB credit policies, guidelines and risk appetite.
- Supports and proactively leads the team to support business partners and ecosystem methodology in understanding and meeting client lending needs, ultimately supporting the Universal Financial Services Organisation aspiration.
- o have overall responsibility for a designated Segment and to champion/sponsor all strategies and processes related thereto.
- Ensures that credit evaluation processes and good quality of decisions are executed effectively in “the Segments” credit teams, within the parameters of the relevant individual product policies and/or multiple product policy.
- Develops relevant lending strategies (in conjunction with other key stakeholders) to proactively manage the bank’s credit risk for “the Segments”.
- Provides strategic input into the lending strategy of “the Segments” through collaborative engagements with stakeholders.
- Provides insight, commentary and support for automated and scorecard strategi
Responsibilities + Skills
Encourages team members to express their views, resolves issues raised by the team, escalates issues if required, and provides feedback to teams on an ongoing basis.Develops and maintains an open communication channel with direct reports and supports staff to foster greater co-operation and teamwork.
Participates in projects and any ad-hoc functions, including training of staff and support of Labs and Customer JourneysFrom time to time oversees and manages projects (as required).Reviews processes and ensures consistent execution and fulfilment of undertakings.
Monitors and manages the performance and development of staff within the area. This includes regular one-on-one feedback sessions, conducting mid-year and final performance appraisals, as well as the moderation and relative distribution of all appraisals for the team.