takealot.com, a leading South African online retailer, is looking for a highly talented Head of Design to join our team in Cape Town.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard-working people with integrity to join us. We offer a market related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won't be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
This position reports to the Chief Marketing Officer.
As the Head of Design you will be the custodian of all visual and creative assets that relate to the takealot.com brand. You will be responsible for presenting creative and consistent visual executions of the brand identity across all customer facing touch points. These touch points include digital platforms, channels, campaigns, owned assets (vehicles, warehouse etc) as well as print & outdoor executions.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Brand custodian and responsible for creative, art direction and visual positioning of the brand across all mediums
- Design of all key customer facing design assets on and off site.
- Ensure the studio / design team create and support Marketing campaigns and business objectives.
- Sign off on all treatments of our brand across all media touch points.
- External vendor management manage all design related work that is outsourced to 3rd parties.
- Design project management to ensure KPI's and deadlines for designers and Studio as a whole are met.
- Lead and coordinate studio and design team's efforts.
- Mentoring, developing and coaching design team
- Ensure creative, consistent and high quality design output.
Responsibilities + Skills
Strong team leadership and collaboration skillsProven success at managing multiple projects, schedules and resources.Exceptional eye for detailAbility to work in a fast-paced environmentStrong organisational skills
Creative mindset - be able to craft numerous campaigns across many departmentsSolutions-oriented - have a can-do attitude and high energyHighly organised and efficient, with an ability to work towards and meet tight deadlinesCapability to present ideas succinctly in creative, writing and verbally
Experience with high-volume, fast paced performance creative campaigns (preferably in ecommerce)Strong work ethic, positive attitude, and leadership qualities with the ability to handle multiple tasks and set priorities