- The Head of Organisational Effectiveness will join a multidisciplinary team in Group Human Resources (GHR). They will partner with business, cluster HR and GHR Centres of Excellence to enhance the overall employee experience. They will lead the Group’s organisation design and change practices and will also be responsible for contributing to the strategic development of the Group’s leadership and culture practices.
- Lead the Group Organisation Design practice and partner with business, HR and external consultants to embed the Nedbank organisation design framework in alignment with Nedbank's strategic goals.
- Ensure organisational design facilitates the purpose and strategy of the organisation and enables a future-fit organisational structure.
- Build organisational design capability across the enterprise.
- Support Nedbank's agility through effective change management interventions.
- Establish capability frameworks and best practice for enterprise organisational design and change management communities.
- Provide oversight, quality assurance and governance of enterprise organisational design and change management practices, processes and initiatives.
- Track, monitor and report on enterprise wide organisational design and change management initiatives.
- Provide business with market intelligence and thought leadership on employee experience, organisational design and change management practices and programmes.
- Contribute to the continuous development of engaging approaches and methodologies that enable the required shifts in organisational culture, leadership and employee experience.
- Lead the implementation and continuous improvement of the Group Employee Value Proposition.
- Function as part of an integrated Organisational Effectiveness team and Group HR COE community to promote the integration of people practices with the aim of enhancing the employee experience.
- Oversee the relationship between Group HR and Internal Communications to ensure that change and communication plans promote a consistent approach to employee experience.
- Establish and maintain relationships with group COE's and counterparts in other clusters to collaborate, share and influence overall organisation design, change, leadership, culture and employee experience strategies.
- Provide advisory services to the Clusters on the development of tailored solutions for their businesses.
- Create innovative practices and strategies that actively drive the strategic agenda.
- Build a high performing team through effective resource and talent management.
Responsibilities + Skills
Managing a department or areaManaging a teamCoaching and mentoring of othersNetworking and building relationshipsProviding specialist advice/ opinionChange ManagementOrganisation Design
Professional Qualification/ Honours Degree/ Proven track record of previous experienceMasters in Industrial Psychology or relevant Degree
7-10 years experience spanning organisation design, change management, employee experience