- To active participate in the management of reporting, branding, awareness & communication across the bank and Group by providing sound leadership, effective effort, advice, support, monitoring and oversight within the risk governance framework and processes to embed commercial driven risk reporting, ensuring escalation of management information and value add risk-based reporting to facilitate the effective reporting to the board and various stakeholders to achieve Nedbank’s strategic objectives
- Deliver a consolidated Group Risk Value-add and strategic reporting to meet the expectations of internal and external stakeholders.
- Coordinate and drive a strong strategic approach to risk reporting to enable effective senior management meetings.
- Provide insights regarding trends and the impact of the external environment (including regulation) with the objective of informing business strategy, policy and deliver effective reporting
- Manage all aspects of communications coverage enterprise (including all subsidiaries) to ensure enhanced risk communication
- Manage large quantities of data and reassemble it in an engaging format, through understanding all the stakeholders
- Facilitate the creation of high-quality consolidated reports to facilitate the effective monitoring and management of the various risk types
- Drive the strategic effectiveness of reporting and continually enhance the scope, format and content of reports and efficiency of reporting and governance processes
- Facilitate the development and/or assist the development of communications strategies across the applicable/relevant spectrum of communications disciplines including: reputation management; media; public relations; internal communications; brand marketing; advertising; marketing; digital; social media and new media and production of materials to deliver on business objectives. Drive the communication strategies across the platforms.
- Develop and maintain effective professional relationships with essential internal and external stakeholders to promote the reporting objectives
- Facilitate, conceptualise and translate the strategic vision for the risk function and Nedbank strategy to an engaging format
- Maintain an open and constructive relationship as a Trusted Advisor with senior internal and external stakeholders including South African Reserve Bank (SARB), External Audit and Business Executives
Responsibilities + Skills
Managing a team of peopleCommunicating job requirements and performance standards to othersImplementing a strategic planWorking with clients to solve client problems
Professional Qualifications/Honours DegreeHonours Degree In Business CommerceCA (SA)
10 years financial services experience in a senior positionSignificant risk management experience in banking across the various Risk types and the ability to integrate the various risk typesBanking experience, inclusive of client facing experience across various functionsAbility to operate at a Cluster Divisional Manco and Senior levelLeadership experience leading teams