Become more at Entelect, one of SA’s leading software engineering and solutions companies, voted the Best Company to Work For.
When you join Entelect, you’re not just joining a leading software development company, you become part of something bigger. You become part of a team of ambitious, confident, motivated and smart people, who will inspire you to go further, to do more than you thought possible.
You become part of a company that sees potential: potential in our clients, potential in our products and potential in you. Because we believe that if we give you everything you need to be successful, you will be. That you will become more and do great things.
Entelect Software Engineer
Your elevator pitch - what you’ll tell people you do
“I work with the best minds in the industry to solve complex business problems with software. I use my coding smarts to deliver the best solutions for my clients and my team so that we can deliver solutions with excellence and impact.”
What you’ll actually be doing
- Joining a company with 2 decades’ experience in software craftsmanship; a company known for hiring, continuously growing, and retaining the best people in the industry.
- Working with teams with a common goal: to solve complex business problems, to drive excellence and to make an impact, while pushing yourself and others to become more.
- Using your knowledge and experience to develop world-class, high-quality web and mobile applications for some of the country’s leading organisations.
- Getting involved in various parts of the SDLC – maybe having to do a bit of analysis, design and architecture work as part of your dev tasks.
- Looking at ways to improve the quality of the product we ship through the use of containerisation and continuous integration to create a well-oiled DevOps process.
Researching cutting-edge technologies, and identifying ways to apply them into your project.
Responsibilities + Skills
By pushing the limits, asking questions and challenging preconceived notions of whats possible. Because, at Entelect, we believe everything is possible.By being agile and planning properly, but being open and able to accommodate change when necessary. So you prioritise, you adjust and you get things done.By having access to everything you need to become the best at what you do: the facilities, resources and autonomy you need to become more.
By leaning on your arcane knowledge of software engineering wizardry: best practices, clean code, design patterns and principles.By working with the other master wizards in your team; training, learning and sharing knowledge to complete your quest.By understanding how the business and the technology can combine to add true value to your customer and project.