We’re looking for a journalist in our Johannesburg office who has a passion for storytelling, a desire to be brilliant and the ability to produce beautiful copy. You must be able to produce relevant, compelling and factually correct content for DRUM’s print and digital platforms and must be able to write on a broad range of subjects.Key responsibilities:(The primary tasks, functions and deliverables of the role)
- Write engaging stories for print and digital that will grip the reader from start to finish and keep them coming back for more every week
- Produce high quality work within deadlines
- Showcase your ability to find stories nobody else can and wow the news editor with your awesome suggestions
- Make sure you check every fact twice and know that no sub can question the details in your story
- Comply with the requirements of the South African Press Code
- Build a network of contacts to ensure DRUM gets the best scoops every week
- Be enthusiastic and energetic and want to take the brand to new heights
- Work closely with photographers and production to ensure a high quality product
- Produce content for brand extensions when needed.
Responsibilities + Skills
Good general knowledge; Knowledge of the DRUM market;Knowledge of topical issues and current affairs;Valid drivers licence;
Able to write fluently in EnglishBe super creativeBe able to work in a Content Management SystemBe able to handle pressure
Experience writing for a mainstream newspaper or magazine;At least 3 years experience.