To manage, control and attend to contractor audits, authorizations over-mandate, upfront assessments, customer complaints and enforce correct interpretation of the Homeowners Insurance Policy with panel service providers and clients. Perform a mentoring and coaching support function to Nedbank Insurance, service provices and clients on products and technical aspects where specialised knowledge is required in resolving intricate challenges regarding claims relevant to Homeowners Insurance Cover.
- Assessments of claims: Advise and provide technical support to Nedbank Insurance's claims, underwriting and customer care departments; Minimizing claim losses on within and over-mandate claim; Assess, audit and authorize claims in terms of allowable rates; Ensuring that the claims authorization mandate of R100000 per claim is adhered too.
- Risk Management: Detect and identify fraudulent claims and any overcharging by clients ad service providers; Perform risk management function by identifying underwriting risks and inadequate Sum Insured's of dwellings; Ensure adherence to all legislative requirements.
- Policy interpretation of Homeowner's Insurance Cover.
- Vendor Management: Training of service providers (policy wording, processes and rates); Monitoring of service providers (report writing, policy interpretation, claims costs and service); Maintaining and sustaining good business relationship between service providers, clients, Broker Support.
- Reporting and operational efficiency: Ensure quality and accuracy of reports , pricing and workmanship rendered by service providers; Effectively utilize the daily new claims repot to assit in identifying opportunities for further claims assessments.
Responsibilities + Skills
Banking knowledgeBusiness AcumenData analysisGovernance, Risk and ControlsIndustry trendsPrinciples of financial managementPrinciples of project managementRelevant regulatory knowledgeRelevant software and systems knowledgeDecision-making process
Matric3 year Construction Technology certificate/ Diploma or4 year Building Science or Construction Degree
Minimum of 3 years as a Building Assessor;Minimum of 3 yeas experience in the Short Term Insurance Industry.