To create and increase revenue and economic profit from new and existing clients in order to achieve the banks strategic objectives and create shareholder value.
- Contribute to a culture conducive to the achievement of transformation goals by participating in Nedbank Culture building initiatives (e.g. staff surveys etc).
- Participate and support corporate responsibility initiatives for the achievement of business strategy (e.g.. Green Strategy).
- Seek opportunities to improve business processes and systems by identifying and recommending effective ways to operate and adding value to Nedbank.
- Identify and confirm own financial targets by aligning with business unit targets.
- Achieve or exceed targets by developing and implementing account plans for clients and targetting new business.
- Develop an account plan for each client using knowledge of the client's needs and by engaging with relevant stakeholders to identify tailor-made solutions to meet the client's needs.
- Manage costs by monitoring expenses and keeping within budget parameters.
- Achieve economic profit by reviewing pricing annually and making required adjustments.
- Provide relevant recommendations by maintaining sound knowledge of bank's products and solutions; staying abreast of the market and business environment; by using research conducted by bank economic unit and by reading economic and financial material.
- Meet client and bank needs by confirming that recommended solution is in line with bank guidelines for economic profit; bank business needs and regulations and by managing client expectations.
- Support the implementation process by communicating with the client and internal stakeholders; monitoring progress; gathering feedback and taking corrective action.
- Achieve agreed objectives within cost and time parameters by identifying potential and actual problems and working with relevant stakeholders to find solutions.
- Manage all risks and ensure compliance by following regulatory requirements and bank's internal policies and procedures; identifying risks and non-compliances and taking corrective action.
- Recommend improvements for efficiency and competitve advantage by providing client and market feedback to relevant stakeholders.
- Provide a single interface for the client to the bank by having sound knowledge of the bank's products; services and solutions and by coordinating with relevant stakeholders.
- Establish and maintain relationships with relevant stakeholders (internal and external providers) by engaging with them formally and informally e.g. in meetings; problem solving sessions and training sessions.
- Proactively recommend tailor-made solutions to meet the client's needs by gaining an intimate understanding of the client's business and business environment; and by consulting with relevant stakeholders.
- Support the achievement of the business strategy; objectives and values by reviewing Nedbank and Business Unit Plan and ensuring delivered systems; process; services and solutions are aligned.
- Identify training courses and career progression for self through input and feedback from management.
- Ensure all personal development plan activities are completed within specified timeframe.
- Share knowledge and industry trends with team and stakeholders during formal and informal interaction.
- Obtain buy-in for developing new and/or enhanced processes (e.g. operational processes) that will improve the functioning of stakeholders' businesses by highlighting benefits in support of the implementation of recommendations.
Responsibilities + Skills
Conducting root cause analysisAnalysing situations or data that requires an evaluation of multiple factorsBuilding and maintaining effective cross-functional relationships with internal and external stakeholdersAnalysing and interpreting qualitative and quantitative data
Matric / Grade 12 / National Senior CertificateAdvanced Diplomas/National 1st Degrees
Minimum Experience Level8 years experience in a sales or relationship management role in a banking environment.