The purpose of this role is to review and assess in collaboration with Internal audit team, the high risk areas of the business in order to give assurance to the Board Audit Committee, Business Executives and Shareholders that good governance practices are in place and internal controls are exercised. The person is expected to provide support in ensuring the achievement of the Internal Audit (IA) function mission which is to provide independent, objective assurance and consulting services that are designed to add value and improve Bank’s control environment
The incumbent is expected to provides direction and leadership to the team as an IT Specialist in developing and executing the internal audit strategy and plan for IT audits, business audit, consulting engagements and data analytics programs/initiatives.
Implement functional and service strategy
- Understand the IA strategy and its link to Bank Strategy.
- Understand and Comply with the IA standards and methodology as defined and supported by the audit tool.
- Execute allocated operational plans in line with the IA strategy and GIA strategy.
- Create and manage component of overall project plan. Meet assigned budget and project milestones. Provide formal weekly project status updates/reporting.
- Contribute to definition and delivery of team goals and KPIs to support delivery of IA annual performance goals.
- Provide input to all committee reports as required.
Responsibilities + Skills
Certification in any of the following areas: CIA, CISA, CFA, CA(SA), IODSA, CRISC, CISM, CGEIT
Bachelors Degree or Equivalent in Internal Auditing, Computer Science or Data engineering studies.Post Graduate Studies in the following specialities: Auditing, Information systems, Accounting, Risk management, Data Analytics or Statistics, Finance, Business Administration.