To manage private equity type transactions from implementation through to termination and to ensure that the defined transactional requirements reflected in the relevant approvals, transaction documentation and legal agreements are implemented and adhered to.
- Understand and manage financial aspects of transactions through understanding and adherence to Legal agreements and all applicable regulatory aspects (Companies Act, Excon, IFRS, FICA, etc), to prepare financial activities required on the transaction (e.g. Diary reminders, payments, drawdowns, invoices, etc).
- Adhere to internal controls and procedures to alleviate risk and prevent losses by following internal procedures and agreed processes to effect financial management (prepare cash flows, obtain signatures, sending instructions to various departments, etc).
- Build trusting relationships with stakeholders through consistent and timeous communication and adherence to their requirements (systems and procedures) and evidencing an understanding thereof.
- Provide quality service delivery by being proactive and evidencing a good understanding of the transaction.
- Provide input during legal drafting processes, implement and manage transactions in accordance with legal and regulatory requirements and ensure full understanding of transaction.
- Prepare models and reminders for required activities by using available systems.
- Manage documentation by obtaining and saving supporting and legal documents in formats required and lodge with securities, where applicable.
- Manage and maintain the transaction by complying with internal procedures and agreed processes to effect management (prepare cash flows, obtain signatures, sending instructions to various departments), apply knowledge of Companies Act, Excon, FICA, Tax, Accounting to transaction where applicable, in implementing and managing the transaction
Responsibilities + Skills
Business principlesBusiness terms and definitionsBusiness writingBusiness administration and management
Bachelor of Commerce: Financial Accounting/ Honours in Financial Accounting
Minimum Experience Level2-3 years relevant financial experience in the management of middle office/ Private Equity transactions.