To maximise recovery of the non-performing book through the application of Legal / Risk management processes in order to minimise loss / risk for Nedbank.
- Rehabilitate delinquent accounts by concluding a settlement agreement and arrangements with client within mandate.
- Meet monthly individual and team performance (Business and Financial) targets by proactively managing the portfolio.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders by providing support, communicating effectively and conducting self professionally.
- Create world-class customer service by resolving queries effectively within turnaround times.
- Drive efficiency of team delivery by planning and executing business strategies and reviewing daily reports.
- Manage performance, skills and knowledge of the team by conducting on the job training, counselling and coaching.
- Enhance policies and procedures by recommending and making submissions to the relevant parties with supporting documentation.
- Adapt to changes in Legislation by staying up to date, attending industry related workshops and information sessions.
- Maintain and improve professional and ethical reputation by enforcing compliance to regulations, policies and procedures.
- Manage performance of external stakeholders by operating within the specified parameters, mandate and Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Identify team performance gaps by conducting performance evaluations and analysing performance data from the Management Information System (MIS).
- Implement business risk management practices by identifying and assessing the risk and take appropriate action.
- Support the achievement of the business strategy, objectives and values by reviewing Nedbank and Business Unit Plan and ensuring delivered systems, process, services and solutions are aligned.
- Identify training courses and career progression for self through input and feedback from management.
- Ensure all personal development plan activities are completed within specified timeframe.
- Share knowledge and industry trends with team and stakeholders during formal and informal interaction.
- Obtain buy-in for developing new and/or enhanced processes (e.g. operational processes) that will improve the functioning of stakeholders' businesses by highlighting benefits in support of the implementation of recommendations.
- Contribute to a culture conducive to the achievement of transformation goals by participating in Nedbank Culture building initiatives.
- Participate and support corporate responsibility initiatives for the achievement of business strategy.
- Seek opportunities to improve business processes and systems by identifying and recommending effective ways to operate and adding value to Nedbank.
Responsibilities + Skills
Analysing situations or data that require an in depth evaluation of multiple factorsBuilding and maintaining effective relationships externally and internallyDeveloping ways to minimise risksManaging multiple tasksManaging multiple projects.Influencing stakeholders to obtain buy-in for concepts and ideasCommunicating complex information
5 years experience in recoveries / collections industryTechnical / Professional KnowledgeBanking proceduresBusiness AcumenData analysisFinancial Accounting Principles