To monitor and provide oversight on the adherence to compliance practices in client facing clusters to ensure compliance risks are managed and reported across Nedbank.
- Provide advice to stakeholders on compliance risks by giving input to Cluster and Group Compliance risk monitoring plans and responding to queries from stakeholders to ensure that compliance risks managed.
- Review the reporting and articulation of compliance risks by stakeholders and provide input to prevent ambiguity, and ensure accurate reporting
- Provide advice and/or input to internal stakeholders on possible contraventions of compliance risks through early detection of such contraventions to ensure requirements set by regulatory bodies, are met.
- Maintain relationships with internal stakeholders by establishing partnerships in managing compliance risks as well as ensure an open line of communication to assist stakeholders to address compliance risks.
- Maintain relationships with stakeholders in Market Conduct Compliance related matters by keeping them informed of any compliance risk related matters that may compromise their business to ensure addressed timeously.
- Track key Market Conduct related compliance risks in client facing clusters clarify compliance requirements and ensure that adequate compliance risk management practices implemented to prevent penalties imposed.
- Monitor Market Conduct compliance risks through analysis of compliance related information in comparison with previous monitoring plans to determine possible deviations and reasons thereof to ensure corrective action taken.
- Provide assurance to Governance structures and Regulators stakeholders on the state of compliance by reporting on how key risks are being managed, highlighting areas that require immediate attention and recommend corrective action to stakeholders.
- Identify opportunities to influence the improvement or enhancement of business processes and methodologies by researching and recommending improvement initiatives and effective ways to operate and add value to Nedbank.
- Prepare and consolidate the Conduct of Business Report and submit statutory returns to the FSCA.
- Maintain Group Compliance Market Conduct Compliance related policies and guidance documents and procedure manuals and execute change management in relation to the documents.
- Identify opportunities to automate the compliance processes and/or the operationalisation of compliance requirements.
- Remain up to date with new legislative changes and their impact on the business responding such changes. Ongoing research will be required to maintain specialisation.
Responsibilities + Skills
Analysing situations or data that require an in depth evaluation of multiple factorsDeveloping ways to assist the management and/or mitigation of risks checkInfluencing stakeholders to obtain buy-in for concepts and ideasComparing two or more sets of informationIdentifying and interpreting regulatory risk trends
Bachelor of Commerce: Law
At least 5 years relevant experience in the financial services industry in a risk management function, of which three years must be in a compliance role. A broad knowledge of conduct related legislation is necessary.