Our Retail and Business Banking has an exciting opportunity for an Event Manager who has had extensive experience in managing events in a faced paced environment. In this role you will required to support the marketing strategy and the annual marketing plan as well as manage and effect the implementation of the marketing plan with the objective of influencing targeted consumers or businesses to choose Nedbanks products and services.
- Manage allocated budgets in line with implementation plans by keeping a running budget indicating actuals vs budget and reporting on budgetary position including rationale for deviations.
- Understand financial principles including costs as it impacts the ability to formulate and execute relevant marketing plans/interventions/campaigns.
- Interrogate and managing costs of suppliers in terms of industry norms and deliverables against campaign briefs to ensure value delivery from suppliers.
- Understand Divisional/Business Unit objectives to ensure relevant implementation of plans.
- Provide input on campaigns and activities for relevant marketing reports.
- Coordinate tasks, resources and internal and external stakeholders to ensure the relevant, timeous implementation of the initiatives and campaigns per the signed off marketing plan.
- Ensure relevant and impactful marketing and communications tactics and implementation.
- Identify and engage with all relevant stakeholders across Business Unit to ensure robust implementation of marketing initiatives.
- Build and maintain collaborative relationships with identified key stakeholders to deliver on business results.
- Support the achievement of the business strategy, objectives and values.
- Identify training courses and career progression for self through input and feedback from management.
- Ensure all personal development plan activities are completed within specified timeframe.
- Share knowledge and industry trends with team and stakeholders during formal and informal interaction.
- Seek opportunities for and obtain buy-in for developing working process enhancements and/or efficiencies that will improve the impact and effectiveness of your role.
Responsibilities + Skills
Marketing Mix Optimisation skills - the ability to understand and apply all the elements of the marketing mix to successfully impact the marketing of a product or serviceAnalytical skills - ability to process information/insights resulting in plans/interventions/campaigns that are effectiveCreative evaluation skills - ability to judge creativity in the context of briefs; effective business solutions; & marketplace impact and dynamics
Matric / Grade 12 / National Senior CertificateDiploma
Five or more years experience as an event managerA valid Driving License and your own reliable vehicleYou will need to travel nationally and as a result extensive travel is required.