Mr D Food, a division of takealot.com, is looking for a highly talented Mid-Level Software Engineers (Python) to join our team in Cape Town.
As a Mid-Level Software Engineer (Python) you will help to develop, implement, support and maintain scalable services in a heterogeneous environment. You are self-starter who is comfortable taking ownership over assigned projects while working collaboratively in a team environment.
- Build systems to scale with our growth of business, leveraging new technologies and AWS Cloud services.
- Work closely with other engineers, professional services team and product managers to design the software solutions with a focus on reliability, performance and usability.
- Develop, enhance and maintain backend systems in a heterogeneous environment of different languages and technologies, with an emphasis on Python.
- Apply and foster best software development life cycle practices bringing speed and quality to your team.
- Thorough understanding of computer science fundamentals, OO concepts, data structures and algorithms.
- Passion for learning new skills and appreciation to invent and simplify.
- Experience with REST, Python and Linux.
- Experience in developing backend systems in a Micro Service architecture.
Nice to have:
- Experience with specific AWS Cloud technologies (EC2, Route53, ELB, EBS, VPC, S3, Lambdas, CloudWatch).
- Experience using GIT version control.
- Experience with NoSQL, Couchbase, Dynamo, Elastic.
Responsibilities + Skills
Thorough understanding of computer science fundamentals, OO concepts, data structures and algorithms.Passion for learning new skills and appreciation to invent and simplify.Experience with REST, Python and Linux.
Computer Science Degree.
Minimum 2 to 3 years experience.Experience with specific AWS Cloud technologies (EC2, Route53, ELB, EBS, VPC, S3, Lambdas, CloudWatch).Experience using GIT version control.Experience with NoSQL, Couchbase, Dynamo, Elastic.