MR D Food, a 100% subsidiary of takealot.com, is looking for a talented, motivated and results-oriented Driver Operations Team Lead.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard-working people with integrity to join us. We offer a market related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won't be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
This position reports to the Cloud Driver Operations Manager.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Directly managing a team of Driver Operations Coordinators
- Performance review and setting of targets of the Driver Operations Coordinators
- Building a team of Driver Operations Coordinators
- Implementing processes related to the recruitment, onboarding, training and operational management of drivers
- Monitoring and reacting to relevant driver operational metrics.
- Helping the business improve its processes
- Scouting locations suitable for training and onboarding of drivers
- Supporting with the recruitment, onboarding and training of new drivers
- Maintaining driver records and ensuring process adherence by the driver coordinators in relation to record keeping
Responsibilities + Skills
Able to deal with people from various levelsStrong coordinating skillsOutgoing in nature and willing to approach people
Helping the Mr D Food driver recruitment teams unlock driver supply channelsGaining on the ground insights on food delivery driver trendsTravelling locally within the region assigned to you (Johannesburg and Pretoria)Supporting with the handing out of driver uniforms and hotbagsSupporting with driver compliance checks
Willingness to share knowledge and develop peopleAble to work under pressureSelf-motivated, self-monitoring & self-disciplinedDynamic & energeticExcellent Communication SkillsFluent in English