To develop and monitor the implementation of the Operational Risk Management Framework in Nedbank and its subsidiaries to comply to regulatory requirements and ensure alignment to international best practice.
- Deliver on the Group Operational Risk Management (GORM) strategies and annual business plans aligned to regulatory requirements (BASEL, Banks Act) and take corrective action, where necessary.
- Provide input into the enhancement of the Operational Risk Management Framework (ORMF), methodologies, policies, processes.
- Improve the effectiveness and relevance of internal and external loss operational risk data.
- Review outcome of operational risk practices of stakeholders.
- Monitor and analyse major operational risk losses and control breakdowns.
- Identify regulatory changes and potential future operational risk impacts.
- Compile and/or provide input into internal operational risk reports and external disclosures.
- Engage with stakeholders to obtain an understanding of their operational risk practices to contract, manage and meet expectations.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with stakeholders to facilitate accomplishments of operational risk objectives.
- Become a trusted advisor to, and influence decision making of stakeholders by providing an advisory service, guidance and support on operational risk management practices.
- Facilitate collaboration between stakeholders.
- Collaborate and maintain relationships internally.
- Build and maintain relationships with relevant regulators and other assurance providers.
- Contribute to a culture of transformation by participating in Nedbank culture building initiatives, business strategy, and CSI.
- Stay abreast of developments in field of expertise, ensuring personal and professional growth.
- Understand and embrace the Nedbank vision and values, leading by example.
- Identify opportunities to influence the improvement or enhancement of business processes and methodologies adding value to Nedbank.
Responsibilities + Skills
Conducting root cause analysisDeveloping ways to manage risksDrafting reportsSharing information in different ways to increase internal stakeholders understandingWriting business proposals
Advanced Diplomas/National 1st Degrees
Minimum Experience Level5 - 8 years experience in Risk, Governance and Auditing and/or 8 - 10 years experience in banking and/or insurance