takealot.com, a leading South African online retailer, is looking for a highly talented Human Resource Practitioner to join our team in Cape Town
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard- working people with integrity to join us. We offer a market related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won't be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
The position reports to the Senior Human Resource Business Partner
Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Proactively advise, coach and support line managers on the full range of HR functions and services – including employee relations, performance management, recruitment and selection, job evaluation, remuneration and benefits, new starter administration, on-boarding learning and development ensuring consistency with relevant legislation and company HR policy and procedures.
- Support talent sourcing efforts and help identify exceptional minds. This includes pipeline building, ensuring role planning stand-ups, guiding the hiring managers, and scheduling & participating in interviews where relevant.
- Partner with Tech Talent team to source onboard and engage Extraordinary Minds.
- Ownership of the full onboarding process which includes gathering new starter data, ensuring first day readiness, signed codes of conduct, scheduling group, divisional and DC Tour and running HR onboarding sessions.
- Advise and support line managers with IR related incidents and processes including coordination of disciplinary matters such as notice to attend, appointment of chair, record-keeping and notice of outcome
- Accountable for driving absenteeism and case management initiatives.
Responsibilities + Skills
We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.We are short on ego and high on output.We are doers and not only thinkers, it's all in the execution after all.We love what we do and what we are creating.
Able to communicate clearly and voice an opinion.Inherent customer service orientation and ability to manage expectations.High emotional quotient, resilient and able to manage set-backs.Solutions-oriented, can-do attitude and high energy.Comfortable and able to function in an ambiguous, fast paced, high pressure environment
Min. 3 years HR experience in a customer-centric, retail or e-commerce environmentNational Senior Certificate & ND HRM / BTech HR / HR degreeMin 3 years' experience sourcing and managing talent in a Tech / Engineering team