To originate, lead, structure and execute transactions in the Energy Sector both in South Africa and Rest of Africa. To be a specialist team member providing strong technical support and advise in the banking energy Projects.
Manage deal team and support the Heads of the team and to develop and maintain strong client relationships and networks in the Energy Sector.
- Implementation of Energy Finance strategy into rest of Africa, expanding and upsizing the existing Energy book. A new targeted growth into the Utility and Corporate & Industrial Sector.
- Growth in the Energy Finance portfolio through high quality client acquisition and retention.
- Build external stakeholder relationships by Business development, Client engagement.
- Create and maintain a strong collaborative network and culture where the Ecobank and Banco Unico investments are optimized through early engagement.
- Ensure compliance by sanctions checking and adhering to (FICA, Internal and Environmental) regulations, policies and procedures.
- Leading /Manage deal implementation by structuring, negotiating and attending to legal matters & Conditions precedent (CP).
- Contribute to a culture conducive to the achievement of transformation goals by participating in Nedbank Culture building initiatives (e.g. staff surveys etc).
- Seek opportunities to improve business processes, models and systems by identifying and recommending effective ways to operate and adding value to Nedbank
Responsibilities + Skills
Banking proceduresBusiness AcumenIndustry trendsMicrosoft OfficePrinciples of project managementRelevant regulatory knowledgeRelevant software and systems knowledge
Masters DegreeProfessional Qualifications/Honours Degree
7-10 years relevant sector / industry experience