Geographical area: Secunda, Mpumalanga, South Africa
Secunda Synfuels Operations (SSO) operates the world’s largest coal-to-liquids (CTL) facility and produces synthesis gas (syngas) through coal gasification and natural gas reforming, using Sasol’s unique and proprietary Fischer-Tropsch technology to manufacture synthetic fuel components, pipeline gas and chemical feedstock.
ABOUT THE ROLE / PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Provide plant specific technical support to managers and engineers - (practical application of technical solutions within a plant operations environment).
- Plant monitoring and performance evaluation
- Operations technical support and optimisation
- Identify & exploit value adding opportunities through process and economic analysis
- Interpretation of operational data & trends
- Troubleshooting on incidents (RCA facilitating and Deviation management coordinating)
- Understanding and implementation of the Management of change process (MOC)
- Managing of small projects.
Responsibilities + Skills
B Tech Engineering (Chemical) (Wish)A high degree of computer literacy is required to fulfil this position
Matric/Gr 12/N3 Certificate with English, Math & Science (Must)National Diploma (Chemical Eng.) (Must)
Technician I: Minimum 2 years industrial experience relevant to position/ Process engineering expertise (Must)Technician II: Minimum 5 years industrial experience relevant to position/ Process engineering expertise (Must)Senior Technician: Minimum 7 years industrial experience relevant to position/ Process engineering expertise (Must)