Our national client, a prominent and much respected FMCG market leader requires a Procurement/Purchasing And Supply Chain Superintendent (Humansdorp) KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- The candidate will provide leadership and guidance to all supervisors and planners, implement and maintain policies and procedures related to procurement and/or purchasing.
- Ensure accuracy and proper record keeping and investigate any inventory discrepancies.
- Responsible to review inventory levels and ensure accurate stock counts.
- Develop and maintain sound supplier relationships and create a pool of potential new suppliers.
- The jobholder will be responsible for establishing, updating and maintaining all records of approved and new suppliers/vendors and will address any substandard materials, follow up on credits, disputes and supply chain issues.
- Areas of responsibility will also include supplier agreements, questionnaires, and pricing.
Responsibilities + Skills
Be an ethical leader, with strong communication skills who is able to lead and develop a team of employees to effectively meet departmental objectives.The preferred candidate will have strong analytical, planning and excellent problem-solving skills.
Qualification in Purchasing management or Cost and Management Accounting.At least 3 years previous experience in purchasing/procurement and supply chain is essential.A high level of competency in MS Office and Navision is expected.