Investment Banking - Coverage and Deal Origination
Johannesburg : 135 Rivonia Road, Sandown, JHB, 2196, South Africa
Reporting into the Regional Manager: Sales, the purpose of this role is to create and increase revenue and economic profit from selected existing and new clients, effectively managing internal stakeholders and facilitating collaboration across the relevant product areas of Nedbank's wholesale clusters, as per the business strategy.
- Build long-term professional and collaborative relationships externally and internally.
- Elevate the client coverage brand with external clients.
- Manage internal and external stakeholder relationships.
- Provide a single interface for the client with the bank.
- Proactively recommend tailor-made solutions to meet the client's needs by gaining an understanding of the client's business and business environment, and by consulting with relevant stakeholders.
- Contribute to a culture of transformation by participating in Nedbank culture building initiatives, business strategy, and CSI.
- Seek opportunities to improve business processes, models and systems by identifying and recommending effective ways to operate and adding value to Nedbank.
- Deliver three-year plan for the portfolio by continuously engaging clients' executives to understand short-to-medium-term strategies.
- Manage the client coverage brand with internal stakeholders by understanding the drivers for the client and the sectors and economies that they operate in.
- Manage the Nedbank brand with external stakeholders by engaging internal stakeholders on their plans and expectations to ensure that both plans are congruent.
- Understand the banks risk policy, internal procedures, product and information requirements to vet transactions and to enhance the quality of transactions referred to the product areas.
- Share knowledge, networks and analysis across Nedbank Business Units.
- Recommend improvements for efficiency and competitive advantage.
- Confirm that recommended solution is in line with bank guidelines for economic profit, bank business needs and regulations and by managing client expectations.
- Communicate with client and internal stakeholders, monitor progress, gather feedback and take corrective action.
- Support the implementation process by communicating with the client and internal stakeholders, monitoring progress, gathering feedback and taking corrective action.
- Pro-actively monitor and analyze sector news/knowledge and developments that are pertinent to selected clients, looking for opportunities, gaps and ideas.
- Trap and build business pipelines per asset class through the client value management process presented to client forum.
Responsibilities + Skills
Built and maintained stakeholder relationshipsClient and Relationship ResultsCompleted Reports and Achieved BudgetsIdentified Cross-Selling OpportunitiesManage internal process
Matric / Grade 12 / National Senior CertificateAdvanced Diplomas/National 1st Degrees
Minimum 3 years experience in sales and deal origination related to a Corporate client portfolio within a banking / financial services environmentWorking knowledge and exposure to Sales and ServicesExposure to dealing with Rental Discounting - Leases, Suppliers