To attain new and expand existing client base for Nedbank to grow the Nedbank brand and optimise revenue according to business objectives.
- Contribute to a culture conducive to the achievement of transformation goals by participating in Nedbank Culture building initiatives (eg: staff surveys etc).
- Participate and support corporate social responsibility initiatives for the achievement of key business strategies.
- Identify and recommend opportunities to enhance processes; systems and policies and support implementation of new processes; policies and systems.
- Follow laid down processes in opening of accounts by using checklist and account opening matrix.
- Complete weekly compliance training and assessment online to keep up to date on changes.Keep relevant compliance Letter of Authority up to date and inform clients at each interaction.
- Action daily control reports and attach correct documentation.
- Identify new clients and their needs through needs analysis and provide a suitable solution.
- Cross sell to existing clients by establishing need through financial fitness discussions.
- Obtain referrals from existing clients as well as leads from other Business Units through area collaboration.
- Ensure that every deal done is priced in line with Business Unit objective and strategy.
- Generate revenue through charging for ad hoc services provided to clients.
- Monitor and manage sales on a daily; weekly and monthly basis in order to achieve monthly targets.
- Increase market share by converting secondary clients to primary clients and ensuring accounts are entrenched.
- Participate in end of day discussion and apply recommendations from manager to optimise sales results.
- Keep abreast of legislation and other industry changes that impacts on role by reading the relevant newsletters; websites and attending sessions.
- Understand and embrace the Nedbank vision and demonstrate the values through interaction with team and stakeholders.
- Improve personal capability and stay abreast of developments in field of expertise by identifying training courses and career progression for self through input and feedback from managers.
- Ensure personal growth and enable effectiveness in performance of roles and responsibilities by ensuring all learning activities are completed; experience practiced and certifications obtained and/or maintained within specified time frames.
- Ensure information is provided correctly to stakeholders by maintaining knowledge sharing knowledge with team.
- Maintain world class service standards when dealing with clients by listening; attending to their needs; keeping them in the loop and making things happen for them.
Responsibilities + Skills
Bachelor of Commerce: Banking or accounting. FAIS qualification, Regulatory Examinations 1.
Matric / Grade 12 / National Senior CertificateAdvanced Diplomas/National 1st Degrees
3-5 years working experience as an Insurance Broker in the Banking/Financial Services Indsutry.