Under the direction of the Director - Energy Leadership Centre, the Program Assistant provides operational and administrative assistance to the Director by performing a variety of research, report writing, budgeting and financial management support. In addition, the incumbent will be responsible for daily administrative, coordination and logistical services in support of the operations and programmes delivery of the Centre.
Research, Academic Development & Management
- Provides research assistance to AELC research
- Support the development of new programmes for accreditation and assist in curriculum material development.
- Assists the Programme Manager from time to time as required
- Supports and develops the Centre in programme planning, delivery and implementation.
- Works with the Centre Director to develop tactical plans for quality delivery of degree programmes, and assessment.
- Processes documentation of student applications and screens applications
- Serves as a liaison with professional and academic partners as and when needed by the Centre Director.
- Assists in preparing bids and proposals and related tasks for contract work and funding.
Responsibilities + Skills
Degree qualification/s is essentialGood English writing and communication skillsEssential research skillsGood managerial skills
Work experience in the energy sectorKnowledge of Wits University and Wits Business School administrative systems
High level organisation skillsSelf-starterInitiative and problem solverProficient in the use of: Outlook, Power Point, Excel, MS Word.Work experience