takealot.com, a leading South African online retailer, is looking for a Retail Data Analyst to join our Takealot Retail team in Cape Town.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hardworking people to join us. We offer market related benefits, a great work environment and a promise that you won't be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
The position reports to the Analytics Manager
Your responsibilities will be to:
- Perform data analysis to support business performance of Retail. This will include descriptive, diagnostic and prescriptive analytics to identify, understand and influence commercial KPIs (sales, profitability, stock health)
- Perform process analysis and design changes to improve the effectiveness and efficiency across all areas of Retail.
- Develop and maintain spreadsheet-based prototypes or proof-of-concept tools to rapidly improve processes.
- Support the planning & budgeting of all Retail metrics:
- Build and maintain the Excel and Google Sheets based tools used for the process.
- Coordinate planning activities according to a strict timeline between various stakeholders internal and external to Retail, including Marketplace, Marketing and Supply Chain.
- Perform the planning of certain secondary Retail metrics using appropriate methods
- Gather and consolidate inputs from the various stakeholders and publish the plans through the applicable channels.
Responsibilities + Skills
Highly capable in working with large and complex data sets using appropriate tools. MySQL, Bigquery, Knime, Excel, Google Sheets and Qlikview are examples of the tools we use regularlyGood communications skills with the ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
Strong commercial acumenSystems thinker with the ability to understand and break down complex problems and relationshipsCreative and practical problem-solving skills. Solution-oriented.
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Commerce, or similar3-5 years' experience in analytics, management consulting or planning rolesExperience in the retail industry is beneficial