Joining Yoco at this exciting growth phase of the company, gives you an opportunity to work with the leadership team and drive the financial operations of the firm. In Finance at Yoco, you will work across the company to ensure that Yoco takes sound financial decisions by providing financial leadership and analytical support. You will take on an important role in managing all aspects of revenue accounting. This is a key role, in one of the continents leading FinTech startups with significant potential for personal growth.
ROLE | WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING?
- Manage the accounting for multiple revenue streams as well as implementing and monitoring internal controls.
- Maintain the validity, accuracy and completeness for revenue and inventory accounting.
- Perform bank reconciliations, accounts receivable reconciliations and oversee collection processes.
- Track and report on key business metrics and complete month end reporting.
- Provide financial insight on margin, revenue recognition and inventory performance.
- Cash flow management.
- Cross team collaboration to help drive performance and act as a trusted finance business partner within the business.
- Assist with the annual financial audit.
- Train and develop junior team members.
- Participate in crucial accounting projects, implementation of new system logics or enhancements, new revenue accounting standards and support new product launches.
- Work on automation projects to improve the speed and efficiency of the monthly revenue close.
- Draft accounting requirements for the Engineering teams, user acceptance testing, and strengthening of change management controls.
- Working with large sets of data and extracting valuable information about the company's revenue that management can use to make business decision.
- Matching revenues with expenses and track product and service revenue for various business segments.
- Brainstorm potential ways to increase revenue without an accompanying increase in expenses.
Responsibilities + Skills
Practical understanding of accounting standards and principles.High attention to detail and results focus.Experience with drafting business requirements and collaborating with Engineering teams on internal accounting systems.Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, with the ability to manipulate and digest mass amounts of data.
CA(SA)/CIMA/ACCA or other relevant financial management qualifications.Experience in working with large sets of data.Self-starter with a strong sense of ownership and comfortable working in an entrepreneurial environment.
Experience in banking, payments or financial services.Experience with startups / high-growth companies.Experience with cloud accounting.