Advert Closing Date
18 October 2019
Nedbank 135 Rivonia Campus: Sandton
REQ ID: 97187
We are looking for a dynamic Risk Analyst to join our Nedbank Retail Card Payments and Transactional Business Unit. In this role you will be required to develop and maintain best practice models and risk assessment strategies in line with the regulations that govern our industry. You will be a part of facilitating world class risk management that enables our business to meet its strategic objectives. Come join us and make an impact!
- Analysing and interpreting quantitative and qualitative data
- Interpret verbal problem statements and through analytical insight provide solutions using expertise with data management tools and statistical analysis
- Build and formally present reports by monitoring business performance within the set risk appetite and through analysis.
- Report to, monitor and advise operational areas to manage trends through analysis for ad-hoc requirements.
- Increase efficiencies through programming and automating processes.
- Development of statistical models/scorecards for use across different functional areas of the Nedbank Card and Payment Business
- Experience in statistical model development beneficial (SAS, Matlab and other Statistical Software Packages).
Responsibilities + Skills
Exposure to other statistical models e.g. collections models, fraud detection, response models, impairments etc.Large part of role will also require ad-hoc analysis resulting from any potential opportunities identified.This is not limited to projects within statistical modelling space, but rather for queries where analytical insight is required.Obtaining buy-in from senior management for all projects and drive to the point of approval and implementation.Monitor projects after implementation.
Bachelor of Science Honours in Computer Science, Quantitative Analytics Financial, Applied Mathematics Engineering or Maths of FinanceFurther Post Graduate Degree or Advanced Diploma in Analytics would be advantageous
2 and above years experience in a similar roleGraduate Candidates (with minimal work experience) will be considered based on strength of academics and strong numeracy assessments