To develop and monitor the implementation of the Operational Risk Management Framework in Nedbank and its subsidiaries to comply to regulatory requirements and ensure alignment to international best practice.
- Deliver on the Group Operational Risk Management (GORM) strategies and annual business plans aligned to regulatory requirements (BASEL, Banks Act) and take corrective action, where necessary.
- Provide input into the enhancement of the Operational Risk Management Framework (ORMF), methodologies, policies, processes.
- Improve the effectiveness and relevance of internal and external loss operational risk data.
- Review outcome of operational risk practices of stakeholders.
- Monitor and analyse major operational risk losses and control breakdowns.
- Identify regulatory changes and potential future operational risk impacts.
- Compile and/or provide input into internal operational risk reports and external disclosures.
- Engage with stakeholders to obtain an understanding of their operational risk practices to contract, manage and meet expectations.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with stakeholders to facilitate accomplishments of operational risk objectives.
- Become a trusted advisor to, and influence decision making of stakeholders by providing an advisory service, guidance and support on operational risk management practices.
- Facilitate collaboration between stakeholders.
- Collaborate and maintain relationships internally.
- Build and maintain relationships with relevant regulators and other assurance providers.
- Contribute to a culture of transformation by participating in Nedbank culture building initiatives, business strategy, and CSI.
- Stay abreast of developments in field of expertise, ensuring personal and professional growth.
- Understand and embrace the Nedbank vision and values, leading by example.
- Identify opportunities to influence the improvement or enhancement of business processes and methodologies adding value to Nedbank.
- Provide input into, and advice on the alignment between regulatory capital and Nedbank Clusters' risk profile and risk appetite by recommending corrective action or mitigating strategies to enable Clusters to reduce regulatory capital.
- Provide input, related to Operational Risk deliverables, into the GORM budget in line with finance requirements and business plans.
- Contract deliverables, services and pricing with Nedbank Clusters and agree transfer pricing allocation to Clusters.
- Use budget allocation effectively. Review Nedbank and Business Unit Plan and ensure delivered systems, process, services and solutions are aligned to support the achievement of the business strategy, objectives and values.
- Share operational risk related knowledge, resources and practices with team to enable upskilling.
- Obtain buy-in for developing new and/or enhanced processes that will improve the functioning of stakeholders' businesses.
Responsibilities + Skills
Conducting root cause analysisDeveloping ways to manage risksDrafting reportsSharing information in different ways to increase internal stakeholders understandingWriting business proposalsCommunicating complex written information Interacting with regulatory and industry bodiesIdentifying trends
Advanced Diplomas/National 1st Degrees
5 - 8 years experience in Risk, Governance and Auditing and/or 8 - 10 years experience in banking and/or insurance